Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm all aflutter!

It's been a few days since my last post, and I thought I'd bring you up to date with the continuing saga of my false eyelashes:

Q. Did Rich notice them?
A. Yes, after I raised my glasses off my nose and fluttered them at him. He immediately said, "those look awful, what do you have those on for?" Not very sensitive, but I totally agreed, and promptly pulled them off my eyes and flushed them down the toilet!

Q. How did I do with the second pair of eyelashes?
A. No drama this time! They're much easier to put on because they came with little pincher-like things to hold the lashes with.

The second pair look a lot more natural, as they don't have the liner look to them. The little pincher allowed me to hold them with one hand, while using a toothpick to apply a very small amount of glue to the base with the other hand. Then I just aimed for my eyelid and plopped it on! I'm finding that it's a real art to get them on straight and on the edge of the eyelid, though. With the first eye I had extra glue showing on my lid, but was able to wipe it off with a wet cutip (you really need special supplies to do this!). The second eye I did much better with and it was glue free. Both needed some straightening out after applying, but weren't too far off...not as bad as the first go 'round, that's for sure!

Q. How do I like wearing them?
A. I think I prefer the alien look I've been sporting for the past six months!

I've gotten quite used to the ease of just jumping in & out of the shower in the morning, putting lotion on, swiping lipstick on my lips, and calling it good! I now have to allow extra time to put on my eyelashes and, if I remember, to also draw on my eyebrows. What a hassle! I'd forgotten how much work it was to be a girl. I'm not sure I'm ready for this change! And the new lashes didn't stay on as well as the first pair...I must not have used enough glue. By the end of the day, they were lifting off my eyes at the outside edges...kind of like how a caterpillar lifts itself up to look around. But when I fluttered my eyelashes at Rich, this time he asked me how I liked them...he's a quick learner, too!

3 comments:

  1. I have been wondering how it went-my only time with false eyelashes was also not good, but at least it was for a costume and didn't matter. Know that your friends love you no matter what and the other people don't matter...hugs and thanks for the chuckles! Shae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...I never noticed your lashes were missing! I just look at those beautiful eyes!!
    You are a dear..hang in there. Love you sense of humor! Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. laughing out loud about the lashes! Rich needs to get with it! I am sure you are gorgeous either way!
    Thanks for the sweet note. Very tempting to think about a little B&R with you two and the Levy's again!
    Keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete