Friday, February 25, 2011

I think I flunked my eye exam!

In school, I never was very good with multiple choice questions. They all sounded like they could be the correct answer, with just a little variation to make them tricky. That's how I felt after having my new lenses put in my glasses...I think I chose the wrong answer. I'm not sure if I chose "one or two", "two or three", or "three of four", but whichever one it was, I was still struggling with reading and my eyes were tired and strained all the time. I tried my best to get used to them for a couple of weeks, but I finally had to call my eye doctor and admit that I thought my lenses weren't correct. I had chosen the wrong answer.

I made an appointment to go back in and get re-tested (oh, no!) and, sure enough, came up with a different "answer"....about two "clicks" less than before. So Lynnette kindly re-ordered my newest prescription for me (you're allowed to send them back once if they're not just right) and ten days later they came in. At first, I thought they were the correct answer this time. But after another couple of weeks, I wasn't sure that these were working as well as hoped for again. I was still having to adjust my glasses up and down my nose a little, and my eyes were still getting tired. So, once again, I called Lynnette and asked her if she had kept my other new lenses. She said she wasn't sure...that she might have thrown them away, but that she'd check and let me know.

Two days later she called to tell me she had found them...in the trash! She had rummaged through their trash bags and found them. I was so thankful...but embarrassed! I had turned my doctor into a dumpster diver! Fortunately, it didn't come to that, but only because their dumpster had recently been emptied. We laughed, and then agreed to a time when I could go back and have her put my recently recovered lenses back in my glasses.

To make a long story short, my "dumpster lenses" are still not the correct ones...I'm back to choice # 2 again, after trying choice #1 and having sore, red eyes after wearing them. I'm wondering if my dry eyes are affecting things for me, as they certainly contribute to my eyes feeling tired, as well. In the meantime, I have another appointment in April to re-check my dry eyes and possibly have plugs put in, and Lynnette said that we can re-test my eyes again for vision as well. I hope it's not multiple choice!

2 comments:

  1. Hah, I can totally relate. If only there was a way to see both at once, then you wouldn't have to decipher the minor differences between lenses.

    Best,
    Hua
    healthcentral.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcia

    Again these are Chemo eyes! It is all a portion of the transition into the new YOU!
    You would think with all of the new technology that they could just put the equipment to your eyes and it would choose it for you.
    Isn't that how the JETSON'S did it????

    Have a wonderful day, and if I see you I will gladly come close and introduce myself in your good range!
    Love your spirit...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete