Thursday, February 17, 2011

Who's that FOXy lady?

This weekend is the 24 hour Ultimate Cycle Challenge to raise funds for cancer research. Teams will be riding bikes for 12 and 24 hours, and I have the priviledge of having a team organized and named in my honor by my friend, Betsy. It's called Marcia's Marvelous Milers! Because of this honor, I thought that I should ride with them, even though the thought of riding a spinning bike for an hour sounds grueling! But I've been told that "coasting" and other forms of resting are allowed, so I know that I will do just fine!

Another good friend of mine, Tom, is on the Challenge committee and asked me if I would agree to be interviewed by FOX-17 News on Friday afternoon for their 10:00 news report that night. They want to interview a couple of survivors who are participating in the challenge and Tom thought of me immediately. Now I just need to lose about 10 pounds before tomorrow because they say that television adds weight to how you really look! Actually, it's what I'm going to wear that I can't decide on...should I wear my bright pink "warrior" tennis shoes and bright pink shirt, or should I be more demure and wear my electric blue shirt and blue & black tennis shoes??? Which color would de-emphasize my sure to be "red as a beet" face as I'm interviewed (it's a phenomena I can't control...when I speak in front of people, the heat rises to my face and I turn beet red). I guess you'll just have to tune in tomorrow night and see which look I decide on!

P.S. Has anyone else noticed I seem to have a thing going on with foxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment