Monday, April 12, 2010

Good news...I have a brain!

It's been an interesting few weeks for me. I have a history of having migraine headaches, preceded by an aura which can start as a "star" in my vision or a "half moon", both of which are glowing and then spread and eclipse my vision for about half an hour. In the past, the aura would be followed by a killer of a headache (the migraine), but lately I've just been having the auras without the pain. ALOT of them. Yesterday I had two, back to back, within a half hour. When I told my doctor about these, she told me that she wanted me to have these checked out immediately, to rule out any cancer that might be going on in my head. We really didn't think anything was wrong other than my hormones going crazy from the chemo because of my previous history of having migraine auras, but she is very pro-active and wanted to be absolutely sure. So she scheduled a CAT scan for me. The whole process took about 15 minutes. I checked in at the hospital, the tech found a good vein in my arm and hooked me up, injected me with the radioactive dye, slid me in the "tunnel" and took a couple of pictures of my head. That was it! Rich hardly even had a chance to turn the page of his magazine before I was back out and ready to go home. And the good news is that, contrary to popular opinion, I HAVE A BRAIN! It may be just a little pea brain, but it's there and is HEALTHY! No cancer! So, yippee! This is just one more weird side effect I'll have to put up with, I guess, but at least I finally know there's something inside my head!

1 comment: