Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My shoeboxes

The night before my surgery last November, Rich gave me a beautifully wrapped gift. When I opened it, there were a pair of red patent leather Kate Spade shoes inside the box, just my size! I was overwhelmed by his thoughfulness...and sneakiness, for he had asked a friend of ours to shop for them while in Chicago on her own shoe shopping venture. I saved the box and soon used it to hold all of the cards I was receiving daily from so many of you dear friends. But soon the box was overflowing with cards and I needed another box to hold them all. I had just the one! I had recently purchased a pair of hot pink Nike "warrior" shoes and the box was much larger, so I transferred all of the cards into this box instead. But now I am finding that I need to use BOTH boxes, as this box is now overflowing with cards, also! I don't think a day has gone by without my receiving at least one card in the mail. Your love and support by way of cards and notes has been phenomenal. To you it may be just a card to let me know you're thinking of me, but to me it's a connection to you...a way of knowing I'm not forgotten or alone on my journey. Thank you for continuing to be here for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment