Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tacos and chilis and dips, oh my!

One of the downsides of my being on steroids these first five days of having my "nasty chemo", is that I have the munchies like crazy! And with it being Super Bowl weekend, all the advertisers and talk shows seem to be showing as many snacks and foods to make your Super Bowl Party a success as possible. And I am craving ALL OF IT!

At 9:30 yesterday morning, after eating my healthy bowl of cereal with banana slices, I was discovered happily dipping my tostito chips into a jar of salsa by my daughter, Anne, who just laughed and said that at least part of it was healthy! But later that morning I had cravings for chips and dip, as well as bagels and cream cheese so Anne sweetly went to the grocery store to feed my newest cravings, as well (she actually was thinking that sounded pretty good, too). It's like being pregnant again! Nothing sweet has any appeal, because I can't really taste sweet very well with my metallic taste being back. But anything that is salty, or tomatoey, or cheesy....watch out! Have you seen the commercial for those fried cheese sticks that you dip in pizza sauce.....ooooh, baby do those look good!

Fortunately, I'll be done with the steroids tonite, and should be back to "normal" tomorrow. I'll also probably be feeling icky instead, but at least those Super Bowl ads won't have their hold on me anymore, thank goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marcia:

    Lookin' good, girl. I thought about you off and on last night at the WO Pink Out. You girls are all so brave! Keep snackin'n all those salty things (they're my downfall, too) and continue to keep us informed.
    Barb N.

    ReplyDelete