Monday, June 14, 2010

Bombs away, she's feeling fine!

That's what Jill's fancy new phone thought she said when she attempted to voice command text this morning after my surgery! What she really said was "Mom's okay, she's feeling fine"! And it's true, all went well and I'm feeling swell (the drugs made me say that)!

We had to be at the hospital by 6:45 this morning. It's pretty sad that I didn't have to show my driver's license to the girls at the front desk when I checked in because they already knew who I was! I wish it was because I'm so memorable, not because I've had a few surgeries there! Actually, they do remember me from when I volunteered in the Surgery Waiting Room a few years ago, but I know that my frequent "visits" there help keep me fresh in their minds.

Anyway, everything went on time...in fact, they were ready ahead of time and anxious for the nurse to hurry up and get me hooked up with my IV so they could wheel me away (don't worry, she didn't rush through anything)! Dr. Dodde came in first and drew diagrams all over my chest as he explained my surgery again. With saline implants, the actual implant is not inflated when inserted and is much smaller and easier to insert than a silicone implant (which would be full of the silicone before inserting). Once inside me, the implant is filled with saline until the proper size is achieved. Then they sew me up again and put me in another corset-like bra again, which I have to wear until my post-op appointment next week. The surgery took about an hour, and after I was able to eat my toast and drink my oj I was allowed to go home.

So far, I'm feeling absolutely no pain or discomfort, other than a slightly sore throat from the breathing tube during surgery (I've been coughing and clearing my throat alot to clear my chest). I seem to be well matched now, but I won't be able to actually see "the girls" for a few days yet when I'm allowed to take my corset off and shower!

Well, I'm a little sleepy, and a nap is next on my agenda (Rich and Jill are already napping...what's wrong with this picture?!). I know I'll have sweet dreams now that my surgery is behind me. One more thing to cross off my list!

4 comments:

  1. Glad surgery went well...bombs away! Now on the road to complete recovery. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating so soon!!!! Its great to know you had a sucessfullll surgery and feeling fine! Just do what they tell you and don't overdo. Words of experience you know :) :)
    God Bless and call when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news! Enjoy the R & R time while you can-need any books?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcia, so glad to hear that all went well. You have been a very brave girl and the worst is now behind you. Let the healing process begin with lots of great karma, good wishes and a resounding spirit. Bombs away (I just love that)!

    ReplyDelete