Friday, June 4, 2010

Guess who's in the funny pages!

My chemo journey has been interesting, to say the least, but there have been some bright spots along the way. One of them was when Rich forwarded my blog, "Look good, feel better", to someone at the Grand Rapids area American Cancer Society (ACS) because he felt they would appreciate hearing from a participant about how special their program was for chemo patients. They liked it so much that it was published in their national newsletter to members of ACS! I was so flattered!

And then this week I learned from the ACS that Sunday is National Cancer Survivors' Day, and that the Grand Rapids Press is doing an article featuring area survivors. When someone from the Press called the ACS for names of cancer survivors they could interview, mine was one of several suggested. And it turns out that I was one of only five selected! I did a phone interview yesterday and hope I came across all right. I was more talkative than I thought I would be and one never knows how the spoken word will turn out when written! They were going to have a photographer from the Press take my picture this morning but it didn't work out, so the photo that was taken of me at the studio (for Relay for Life) will be used instead. Again, I'm very flattered by it all!

So this Sunday, look for the article on cancer survivors in the Grand Rapids Press! Hopefully the reporter did me justice and I won't be relegated to the funny pages!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcia, I saw your article in the Sat. Press. It was very well done. You looked great and said just the right things. Thanks again for being such a wonderful inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete