Saturday, January 30, 2010

I feel like Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree!

Well, it's starting to happen....my hair is beginning to shed. Yesterday, after blow drying my hair, I noticed quite a few hairs on the counter and in the sink. And when I took off my sweater at night, there were quite a few hairs scattered on it, also. If I lightly pull at my hair, 3-4 hairs come loose in my hand. It doesn't hurt, though...they come out freely, and silently. It's just weird, and I'm being extra careful when I style or touch my hair, take hats off...I'm so afraid of a big clump coming out. As soon as I woke up this morning, I immediately felt my head to see if my hair was still there, and it was! I checked my pillow, too, but I didn't seem to have left anything behind.

Now that it's happening, I'm a little creeped out by it....more out of fear of suddenly having a bald patch appear when I'm out and about, and not being able to hide it. And I guess I'm also a little afraid of seeing myself in the mirror, without any hair. Will I have a nicely shaped head? Will I look like an alien? An OLD alien?! Thank goodness I have my wigs to look forward to, as they will help me feel more normal...and younger! A friend of mine said that I looked like I was twelve years old, when I tried them on for her!

Rich may have to sharpen his barber tools this weekend and give me a buzz cut! And I may have to have a large glass of wine when that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment