Saturday, January 30, 2010

Just call me Spot!

I seem to be having an allergic reaction to one of my chemos, in that my face (and ear) is patchy with a red rash and pimples, and it itches! I feel like a teenager with rosacea and zits! When I looked in my cupboard last night for some sort of cortizone cream to put on it, I discovered that all three boxes that I found (we like to stock up) had different expiration dates... 1999, 2000 and 2005! Probably not too effective anymore, but I decided that the 2005 wasn't too far off so annointed my face and ear with it. It must have had just enough ooomph still left in it, because my face isn't nearly as red and itchy as it was yesterday. You'll be happy to know that I stopped at Walgreens this morning and bought some new cortizone creams that don't expire until 2011, so I should be good to go now! I also bought some new Benadryl, as that had expired, also, but at least it had a 2009 date! I found that it helped with my itching, with the additional perk of giving me a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment